|The Sugarplum program is a memorable experience for second grade girls and a long-standing Denver tradition. A season of fun, friendship, and ballet appreciation culminates with The Sugarplum Ball followed by an on-stage presentation at Colorado Ballet’s magical performance of “The Nutcracker.” There are many activities for Sugarplums including the mother-daughter tea, a father-daughter party, and a holiday party.|
Benefits: The Sugarplum fee covers the girl’s attendance at the following events:
- Sugarplum Dress Fitting Party in May or June
- Mother’s Informational Coffee in September
- Mother-Daughter Tea or Alum Etiquette Luncheon in September
- Father-Daughter Party for Sugarplums and Alums in October/November
- Holiday Party for Sugarplums and Alums in November
- Sugarplum Ball and on-stage presentation in November
In addition, participants in the Sugarplum program will receive:
- Tickets for two adults and one Sugarplum or Alum to the Sugarplum Ball on Friday, November 24, 2017 (additional tickets may be purchased) NOTE: This is the day after Thanksgiving.
- Tickets for two adults and one Sugarplum for the on-stage presentation of the Sugarplums at opening night of Colorado Ballet’s “The Nutcracker” on Saturday, November 25, 2017 (additional tickets may be purchased) NOTE: This is the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- Tickets for two adults and one Sugarplum Alum for the Alum’s appearance during the opening party scene of one Colorado Ballet “The Nutcracker” performance (additional tickets may be purchased)
- A custom-made dress, tights, ballet slippers and hair bow for the Sugarplums and Alums
- A ticket for the Sugarplum or Alum to a Colorado Ballet matinee performance (fall or spring depending on Colorado Ballet’s schedule)
- A commemorative, heirloom nutcracker for Sugarplums and a special gift for Alums
- Professional photography and videography package, including photo with the Sugarplum Fairy
- Photo and name in “The Nutcracker” program
- Parents listed as contributors to Colorado Ballet’s Annual Fund
Applications: Applications for the 2017 Sugarplum program were due January 31, 2017. The child’s parent MUST be a member of the Colorado Ballet Auxiliary at the time of application and for the entire length of the program. (Join or Renew Now!)
Fees: The fee for participation in the Sugarplum program is currently $2500. This amount must be paid in full by May 1st of the year in which the girl is to be presented.